The Shrimp Tank brings you interviews with some of the most successful business owners in the United States to learn the do’s and don’ts of starting and running a successful business. Then, the fun really starts when we bring in high school and college students to pitch their business ideas to the Shrimp Tank. We don’t fund any business, but we do teach kids how to turn their business ideas into a successful business.
Jason Smith is the owner of Mr. Mister Mosquito Control, and a graduate of the University of Georgia with a BS in Finance.
- Jason Smith is a professional and philanthropic leader in the Atlanta community and beyond. Prior to founding Mister Mosquito Control, which is now the 2nd largest mosquito control company in Metro Atlanta, Smith had a successful career in the branded apparel arena. Here, he was responsible for the acquisition, management and fulfillment of nationwide accounts such as: Circuit City Uniform Program, Georgia Aquarium, Turner Broadcasting and many others.
- Smith was head of social media for Ian’s Friends Foundation for four years.
- Smith created concept for Turner Broadcasting of sports specific poker sets–created sets personally for Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Braves on-air personalites, NCAA on air, and PGA on air.
- He is currently on the board of directors for the Billi Marcus Foundation
- The philanthropic component has been an integral part in the organic “word of mouth” growth of Mr. Mister. As the fastest growing (and the 2nd largest) mosquito control company in Metro Atlanta, Mr. Mister boasts an almost perfect online review record due to their unparalleled personal customer service, often provided directly by Jason Smith.
- As the head of sales for Mr. Mister Mosquito Control, Smith has exceeded all sales goals and established as well as maintained excellent relationships with customers. He proudly maintains 5 star ratings on Yelp! and Facebook. He is currently in charge of redevelopment of the company websitemrmr.biz which has been a huge revenue driver
- Smith was most recently featured on CBS Better Mornings as a local expert. See clip here: http://www.cbs46.com/story/25748324/have-you-mosquito-proofed-your-yard?autostart=true
- Mister’s pro bono work is integral to the surrounding community. They continually treat schools, parks and more complimentary for the betterment of the residents. Recent recipients of pro bono services include Weinstein Preschool, Camp Twin Lakes, Morningside Elementary, GA Autism, and Dunwoody’s Brook Run Dog Park. Personally, Smith’s charitable contributions continue. In his “downtime”, he can be found coaching The Epstein School’s boys and girls tennis teams and building houses for the important organization “Habitat for Humanity.” He is also highly invested in advancing pediatric brain tumor research by supporting Ian’s Friends Foundation.
- Today, Smith marries his career with philanthropy with Mr. Mister. As an outdoor enthusiast with children of his own, Jason is personally invested in protecting families from disease carrying mosquitos. So much so he has incorporated a philanthropic component to his business and its bottom line. With every new customer, Mr. Mister donates a life-saving mosquito net through Nothing But Nets to help combat the epidemic of malaria and other mosquito-borne illnesses across the world.
Awards and Recognition
- Invited to be part of Leadership Epstein.
- Member of LEAD class 2005
- Graduate of Dale Carnegie sales class where he was recently invited back as a keynote speaker.