On this week’s episode of “Wealth Matters”, hosts Craig Frankel and Millie Baumbusch discuss “Will or Trust: What is the Best Estate Planning Document for You?”. Guests include Loraine DiSalvo, Partner at Morgan DiSalvo, and Melissa Walker, Partner at Salo Walker.
ABOUT MELISSA WALKER
Melissa is a partner with the firm of Salo & Walker in Atlanta, and practices in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, charitable planning, fiduciary litigation and estate and gift tax.
Melissa is a graduate of Yale University (B.A., 1985) and Duke University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1988).
Prior to founding Salo & Walker in 1995, Melissa practiced with Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro in San Francisco and Long, Aldridge & Norman and Grenwald & Salo in Atlanta. She is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, a Fellow of the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, a member of the American Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association (member, Estate Planning and Probate Section), the State Bar of Georgia (Fiduciary Section, Chair, 2004-2005, Chair, Legislation Committee, 1999-2002, Chair, Rule Against Perpetuities Study Committee, 1999-2000), the State Bar of California, the Atlanta Estate Planning Council (member, Board of Directors, 2000-2002, 2010-2012), and the Decatur-DeKalb Estate Planning Council. Melissa is listed in Who‘s Who In American Law; Who‘s Who in America and The Best Lawyers In America. She serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of The Paideia School in Atlanta, GA.
ABOUT LORAINE DISALVO
Loraine M. DiSalvo became a partner in Morgan + DiSalvo, P.C. in January 2005, after practicing at the firm as an associate since 1997. She obtained her JD, with distinction, from Emory University in 1997 and her B.A., in History, cum laude, from Georgia State University in 1994.
• Selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer in Trusts & Estates for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
• Holds an AV-Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 2009
• Rated 10.0 out of 10.0- Superb from Avvo.com and has maintained this rating for many years
• Named a Five Star Professional by Atlanta Magazine in 2015 and a Five Star Wealth Advisor for each of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
• Past Chair of the Estate Planning & Probate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for The Mortmain, the Section’s newsletter.
• Member-At-Large of the Atlanta Bar Association’s CLE Board of Trustees
• Member-At-Large of the Board of Directors for the Estate Planning Council of North Georgia
• Former President, former Treasurer, and current Advisory Board Member of the Professional Women’s Information Network, Inc. (“ProWIN”), a non-profit organization which is devoted to providing professional and entrepreneurial women with opportunities to network and develop themselves both personally and professionally.
• Spoken to numerous groups of both laypeople and professional advisors on estate planning-, tax-, and probate-related topics.
ABOUT GASLOWITZ FRANKEL, LLC:
Gaslowitz Frankel is an experienced trial practice firm specializing in all aspects of complex fiduciary litigation throughout Georgia and the Southeast. With a focus on representing individuals, companies, banks, and fiduciaries in dispute involving wills, estates, trusts, guardianships, businesses, and securities law, their experienced and highly qualified litigation attorneys have tremendous credentials and a proven history of success.
To watch the video of this show, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to watch past episodes of “Wealth Matters”, please visit their You Tube Channel.
Remember to tune in on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 8:30 AM to listen live to their show!