Every parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle, cousin, teacher, administrator, social worker, school official, AND all other individuals concerned about the protection and well-being of children needs to listen to this show!
Bob Rodgers/Street Grace
Street Grace is an Atlanta-based, faith-driven organization collaborating with faith, business and community leaders providing a comprehensive path to end Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST) in Metro Atlanta and throughout the United States. DMST is sexual activity in which there is a promise of the exchange of something of value to a child or another person(s) for sex with that child.
Elizabeth Bigham/Georgia Bureau of Investigation
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is an independent, statewide agency that provides assistance to the state’s criminal justice system in the areas of criminal investigations, forensic laboratory services and computerized criminal justice information. The Bureau consists of three divisions:
1. Investigative Division 2. Division of Forensic Sciences 3. Georgia Crime Information Center
Tracie Cason/Gwinnett DA’s Office
The goals of the Gwinnett DA’s Office are:
– The efficient handling of all felony cases to ensure that swift, sure justice is handed out to those who present a threat to public safety.
– Compassionate awareness of the needs of citizens who have become the victims of crime.
– To be stewards of public funds by managing effectively and making the most use of public resources.
– Develop the capacity to anticipate and effectively deal with new threats to the safety and economic well-being.
– The people of Gwinnett County have the right to honest, effective prosecution in all cases where there is sufficient evidence.
To that end, the objectives of the DA’s Office is:
– To conduct the prosecution of criminal matters in the Superior and Juvenile Courts of the County.
– To investigate, prepare and present all felony cases referred to the Grand Jury and conduct special investigations initiated by the District Attorney’s Office.
– To represent the People in all appeals, legal motions and special proceedings relating the prosecution of defendants within the County.
– To vigorously prosecute public servants and those within criminal justice system who would abuse and violate their public trust and public integrity.
– To bring to justice those who abuse the vulnerable such as women and children.
HOST: DR. DIONNE WRIGHT POULTON
Dionne Wright Poulton, Ph.D., is an HR and Leadership Consultant, Educator, Author, Speaker, and Owner of Poulton Consulting Group, LLC (PCG), an HR and Leadership Consulting business specializing in diversity and inclusion, equity, bias, intercultural communication, adult learning, adult behavior, and conflict mediation. Since its inception in 2004, PCG has worked with a wide range of diverse clients in the US and Canada, including in the San Francisco tech and digital marketing industry, K-12 schools, higher education, and many corporate and service industries. Poulton Consulting Group (PCG) is also a government-approved business for local, state and federal level contracts.
Dr. Wright Poulton is also author of the acclaimed book “It’s Not Always Racist…but Sometimes It Is,” which is an extension of her PhD dissertation at the University of Georgia where she researched the racial biases and assumptions of teachers. Her book has received incredible attention, including an outstanding review from world-renowned Kirkus Media. She is also a certified K-12 teacher whose work is inspired by her 16 years of cumulative experiences as a high school teacher and university instructor in public and private institutions in Canada and the United States. Additionally, Dr. Wright Poulton has earned professional degrees from San Francisco State University (M.A.), the University of Toronto/OISE (B.Ed.), and from Rice University (B.A.) in Houston, Texas as a former NCAA Division I track and field scholarship athlete.
In 2014, Profiles In Diversity Journal identified Dr. Wright Poulton as “A Woman to Watch.” She has also been invited for social commentary in print media in the United States and the United Kingdom, as well as for numerous radio shows, including on CBS radio stations in Atlanta, Georgia, and on Tavis Smiley’s Radio Show. Excitingly, the “Dr Dionne Show” debuted in September 2016 on Business RadioX and with a focus on smart dialogue about diversity, leadership and behavior in the workplace and beyond.
Dr. Wright Poulton is originally from Toronto, Canada and is also a former member of Canada’s National Track and Field Team. She currently lives with her husband and their two daughters in Snellville, Georgia.
To book Dr Dionne Poulton as a Speaker for your next event, or for Dr Poulton to facilitate one of her innovative professional development workshops that are based on her PhD research, you can reach her at the following:
Phone: 404-323-3842 or 1-877-263-2227 (internationally)
For more information, please visit Dr Poulton’s business website: www.poultonconsultinggroup.com