Health Connect South and Medical Association of Georgia
This week on TopDocsRADIO I sat down with Russ Lipari, Founder and CEO of Health Connect South and Donald Palmisano, CEO and Executive Director of the Medical Association of Georgia.
The mission of Health Connect South is to improve the health of our community by acting as a nexus for gathering of healthcare resources in the region to enhance and facilitate collaboration. The purpose of bringing these robust resources together is to expand awareness of data, logistics assets, research efforts, initiatives, etc. By bringing experts together from the various sectors that face the healthcare space, the door is opened to expose as-yet unrealized opportunities to make large impacts on a variety of major health concerns affecting our population. Health Connect South is hosting their inaugural event coming up September 15, with a few of the limited attendee slots left available. On the show, Russ talks about the launch of the organization, its upcoming event 9/15, and discusses the many companies, thought leaders, and health entities coming together to help our community become the premier epicenter for healthcare in the country.
The Medical Association of Georgia is the primary medical association for the physician community in Georgia. Their membership has representation from all specialties and all healthcare delivery settings. They serve as a collecting and distribution hub of academic data that can help clinicians advance their practices to reflect current research. And the association is very active in one of their core functions, serving as the voice of the medical community at the state capital and beyond to help insure legislation that is passed does not hinder the ability of our community’s physicians in their ability to provide the quality of care our citizens deserve. On this episode, Donald Palmisano, CEO/Exec. Dir. of MAG talks about efforts underway to address ACA issues, Medicare reform, and the association’s efforts to raise awareness about prescription drug abuse through their “Think About It” program. Be sure to register for MAG’s upcoming Annual Meeting at Callaway Gardens 10/18.
- Graduate, Harvard Business School
- MPA, Georgia State University
- Principal, Fortis Group Real Estate Holdings
- Marshall Memorial Fellow/The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- President, CEO of Validus Group LLC
- The Carter Center, Board of Counsilors
- Chairman, Health Leadership Council, United Way of Greater Atlanta
- JD Law, Loyola School of Law
- Board of Directors, Physician Advocacy Institute
- Medical Payment Subcommitte Member, State Board of Workers’ Compensation
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Physicians’ Institute for Excellence in Medicine
- Former Director, Government Relations/General Counsel/Director, GAMPAC