Special guests Dr. John Lipman of Atlanta Interventional Institute and Dr. Carlos Alarcon of Marietta OB-GYN are featured on this week’s program. They share information about amazing minimally-invasive procedures and the multi-specialty team approach they use to treat uterine fibroids.
By age 30 as many as 30% of women have uterine fibroids. 30% of these women will suffer from heavy bleeding during periods that can cause low blood counts, painful cramping, urinary frequency and even difficulty conceiving children. By age 50 the number of women with fibroids rises to as many as 8 in 10. Previously, it was thought that hysterectomy or other major surgery such as myomectomy were the only ways to resolve symptoms associated with uterine fibroids. Tune in to TopDocs RADIO to learn about innovations in the treatment of uterine fibroids that just might help you or someone you care about.
Dr. John Lipman, MD, FSIR, Atlanta Interventional Institute
- Doctorate of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Radiology Residency, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship, Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine
- Board Certified, Radiology, Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Fellow, Society of Interventional Radiology
Dr. Carlos Alarcon, MD, Marietta OB-GYN
- Doctorate of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- OB-GYN Residency, Emory University Hospital
- Board Certified, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Fellow of American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists