It’s a HOT, HOT, HOT Real Estate Market here in North GA! It most definitely is a seller’s market right now. Houses are selling FAST.
Traditionally spring is when most people start getting their home ready to show and sell.
Today April Rooks and Cindy Vandiver are sharing some important tips to help make sure your home is ready to get listed and sold as quickly as possible.
There are a few things you need to do BEFORE you start getting your home ready to show:
1. You need to look at your budget to determine how much you need to invest into any updates you want to do so that you get that investment back when you sell the house. You don’t want to invest $30,000 into an update that will only bring you $10,000 when your house sells.
2. You should get a pre-inspection done so that you know exactly what needs to be fixed or brought up to current code. That way the sale goes more smoothly. Getting hit with an expensive list of repairs and updates is not something you want to have happen. It’s best to get those things done BEFORE your house goes on the market.
3. Declutter your entire home. It helps to make the space feel larger and it also gives your prospective buyer an opportunity to “see” their belongings in the space. An added benefit is that you’ve gotten a huge leg up on the moving out process when you do a deep de-cluttering!
4. Make sure that everything is in good working order.
How to make sure you can recoup the money you spend on renovations and repairs
There is a difference between features that sell a house and those that add market value.
Making sure your home has great curb appeal is very important. You want people who come to see your house be “WOWED” the first time they lay their eyes on it.
Good landscaping, a freshly mowed lawn, and a clean, well-cared for exterior are so important.
Inside your house, everything is important. Most important are the kitchen, the master bedroom and the master bathroom.
- Take a look for things that you can easily update or upgrade.
- A coat of fresh paint works wonders in every room of the house.
- Refinishing hardwood floors makes the entire room feel “new”.
- Stay abreast of the “trends” out there — paint colors, kitchen, and bathroom fixtures and finishes, cabinets, countertops, flooring, tiles. Pinterest is a wonderful resource.
- Be careful with having a lot of “personal touches”. Not everyone is going to love everything you love and if your “personal style” is completely different from theirs, having too much of it can actually make it difficult for your home to sell.
- The more “move-in-ready” your home is, the better. Millennials like to purchase “move-in-ready” homes.
From The Heart Moment
Recognition and gratitude to the Gainesville Police Dept. for their thoughtfulness and generosity. They recently donated slices of pie from the Southern Baked Pie Company to our local Meals-On-Wheels program. It was such a wonderful way to love on our seniors a little bit! Many of them have had a really hard time this past year.
Contact April Rooks:
678 851 4992
Connect With April and Cindy:
Disclaimer: This podcast features Mortgage Banker, Cindy Vandiver, NMLS 164102, at Stockton Mortgage, NMLS 8259, Equal Housing Lender. Views and opinions expressed are those of Ms. Vandiver and do not necessarily reflect those of Stockton Mortgage. Ms. Vandiver’s information should not be considered to be legal or tax advice.