Created and founded by Portia Mathis, BarBella Co. was born due to a lack of representation of women of color in the nail care industry. We primarily focus on the creation of innovative and safe nail products, which provides & creates a lasting nail experience. We want to help inspire a sociable experience!
Who said nails did not have to be FUN! Trendy colors and innovative nail products are our passion. We strive to deliver high quality, non-toxic, and at least 5-free products to nail artists/salons all over the globe.
Our goal is to redefine the status quo by diversifying the nail care industry with people in under-represented communities locally & globally.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- What inspired Portia to start her business and build her brand
- The best part of being a business owner in Atlanta
- Why community is an important part of entrepreneurship, especially for female and minority business owners
- About Ureeka, and how has BarBella Co. been able to expand since working with them
- The challenges COVID-19 has posed for BarBella Co.
- The lessons COVID-19 has taught Portia as a business owner and plans to incorporate solutions into her business model moving forward
About Our Sponsor
OnPay’s payroll services and HR software give you more time to focus on what’s most important. Rated “Excellent” by PC Magazine, we make it easy to pay employees fast, we automate all payroll taxes, and we even keep all your HR and benefits organized and compliant.
Our award-winning customer service includes an accuracy guarantee, deep integrations with popular accounting software, and we’ll even enter all your employee information for you — whether you have five employees or 500. Take a closer look to see all the ways we can save you time and money in the back office.