Mark Buffington is co-founder and CEO of BIP Capital, which is recognized as one of the most active and successful venture investors in the Southeast. Additionally, he has co-founded three successful companies over the course of his career.
Since founding BIP Capital in 2006, Buffington has led investment rounds in more than 25 companies in a number of market verticals, including healthcare IT, Digital Media, Ed Tech, Enterprise Software, and FinTech. Notable exits include Vendormate, Ingenious Med, and Shareholder InSite
Buffington serves on the board of directors for several companies, including AchieveIt, ConnexPay, Trella Health, mLevel, PlayOn! Sports, Nview, and UserIQ. He also serves on several nonprofit boards, including KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools, the Georgia Tech College of Computing, and the Board of Trustees for the Alexander-Tharpe Fund (Georgia Tech AthleticEndowment).
He graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology and has an MBA from the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- Why it was important for BIP Capital to create a Return to Office plan for its own portfolio companies and the business community at large
- Highlights of some of the most important elements of this plan
- Advice to companies for navigating COVID-19 from a management perspective
- The results of a recent public survey BIP Capital conducted on how companies and their teams were returning to office
- Advice to companies that are struggling on business growth
About Our Sponsor
OnPay’s payroll services and HR software give you more time to focus on what’s most important. Rated “Excellent” by PC Magazine, we make it easy to pay employees fast, we automate all payroll taxes, and we even keep all your HR and benefits organized and compliant.
Our award-winning customer service includes an accuracy guarantee, deep integrations with popular accounting software, and we’ll even enter all your employee information for you — whether you have five employees or 500. Take a closer look to see all the ways we can save you time and money in the back office.