Andrea Willis is a Communications Manager at Google.
One of her main focuses at the company is Grow with Google–the company’s initiative to create economic opportunity for all.
Making tools and training easily accessible online for free is just one part of Grow with Google. They’re also bringing workshops, in-person training, and one-on-one coaching to cities and towns across America, in partnership with community groups and local leaders.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- Nearly two-thirds of all new jobs created since 2010 require either high- or medium-level digital skills. This presents a challenge to many job seekers, as well as to our economic future in the U.S.
- Google created three new Google Career Certificates in the high-paying, high-growth career fields of Data Analytics, Project Management, and User Experience (UX) Design. The programs equip participants with the essential skills they need to get a job. No degree or prior experience is required to enroll.
- 100,000 need-based scholarships, funded by Google, to complete any of the Career Certificates.
- An expansion of our IT Support Certificate Hiring Consortium, which currently includes over 50 employers like Walmart, Hulu, Sprint and of course Google, with whom participants can directly share their resume upon completion of the program.
- Hundreds of apprenticeship opportunities at Google for people completing these career certificate programs to provide real on-the-job training. The Google Career Certificates will also be offered in Career and Technical Education high schools throughout America. This builds on our established partnership with more than 100 community colleges.
- $10 million in Google.org grants to the YWCA, NPower and JFF to help workforce boards and nonprofits improve their job training programs and increase access to digital skills for women, veterans, and underserved Americans.
- Since 2017 Google.org has provided over $200 million in grants to nonprofits working to promote economic opportunity.
About Our Sponsor
OnPay’s payroll services and HR software give you more time to focus on what’s most important. Rated “Excellent” by PC Magazine, we make it easy to pay employees fast, we automate all payroll taxes, and we even keep all your HR and benefits organized and compliant.
Our award-winning customer service includes an accuracy guarantee, deep integrations with popular accounting software, and we’ll even enter all your employee information for you — whether you have five employees or 500. Take a closer look to see all the ways we can save you time and money in the back office.