This Just In Radio Show host, Justin Barnes, aka the @HITAdvisor and his guests shed light on the latest trends, strategy and innovations impacting healthcare, technology and even entrepreneurialism in America. Whether it’s healthcare, health IT, strategy, or the “next big thing”, if a topic is trending, Justin is sure to be talking about it with his broad circle of peers.
Justin T. Barnes/Justin Barnes, LLC
As a healthcare innovation executive and strategist, Justin is a corporate, board and policy advisor who also serves as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence with the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). Justin mentors and provides strategic entrepreneurial advice as well as key business connections to help grow a wide range of organizations including healthcare and IT companies, industry collaboratives, health systems and physician practices. In addition, Mr. Barnes is Chairman Emeritus of the HIMSS Electronic Health Record (EHR) Association as well as Co-Chairman of theAccountable Care Community of Practice where he assists both organizations with industry strategy and leadership. Justin is also the host of the weekly syndicated radio show “This Just In” on Healthcare Radio.
Barnes previously was a member of the leadership team at Greenway Health where he worked for 11 years primarily serving as Vice President of Marketing, Industry Affairs, Government Relations and International Affairs.
In addition, Barnes was a member of the founding team and Vice President of the patient-provider communications and engagement company, Healinx Corporation. Today, Healinx is known as theRelayHealth Division of McKesson. Before joining Healinx, Barnes held several National Operations positions with HBO & Company that subsequently merged with McKesson in 1999.
Justin has formally addressed and/or testified before Congress as well as the last two Presidential Administrations on more than twenty occasions since 2005 with statements relating to value-based medicine, accountable care, interoperability, EHR meaningful use, consumerism, health IT innovation, health information exchange, patient engagement, quality, HIPAA and the globalization of healthcare. Barnes is a regular public speaker on these issues and has appeared in more than 800 journals, magazines and broadcast media outlets relating to national leadership of healthcare and health IT. In addition, Barnes has advised several U.S. Presidential campaigns on healthcare public policy, HIPAA, health information exchange, health IT and EHRs.
Barnes majored in Legal Studies and holds a BA & BS from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, and served Rotary International as a Board Member and Chairman of Public Relations for the Amherst Rotary Club. He also served in the U.S. Army in Infantry & Communication Units.
Elected and Appointed Governance Positions
- Chairman Emeritus & co-Founder of the HIMSS EHR Association
- Co-Founder & Director, Mobile Health Consortium
- Co-Chairman & co-Founder, Accountable Care Community of Practice (AC CoP)
- Board Member, Healtheway
- Co-Founder, Healtheway’s Carequality
- Board Member & co-Founder, CommonWell Health Alliance
- Board Member, Bipartisan Policy Center Task Force on Delivery System Reform & Health IT
- Board Member, Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE-USA)
- Co-Chairman, Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC) Bioscience Leadership Council (BLC)
- Fellow, Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Board Member, Texas Health Institute (THI)
- Board Member & co-Founder, ONC Regional Extension Center (REC) Community of Practice (EHR Adoption CoP)
- Board Member of the HLC Confidentiality Coalition Steering Committee
- Board Member, National Science Foundation Body of Knowledge Advisory Board
- Chairman, Membership Committee of EHR Association
- Board Member, Gwinnett Technical College HIT Advisory Board
- Co-Chairman, Government Relations, National Health IT Week
- Member of National Governors Association (NGA) Health Information Protection Task Force of the State Alliance for E-Health
- Member of EHR Association Government Relations Work Group
- Member of HIMSS Government Relations Roundtable
- Member of Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT) Privacy Expert Panel
This Just In Radio Show HIMSS Conference 2016 Twitter Facebook