Jasmine Miller serves as Managing Director with Per Scholas Atlanta. She joined the team in August of 2016. She is a Licensed Master Social Worker, from Montreal, Canada and holds a MSW from McGill University in Montreal.
Jasmine’s experience includes 20 plus years of results-focused work in the nonprofit sector in the areas of program development, program management, staff development, domestic violence training and education. She is a voice, leading thinker and advocate in building pathways to opportunity for low-income individuals and families.
In her role, she is responsible for and oversees the overall strategic direction and operational progression of the Atlanta Per Scholas site. On a daily basis Per Scholas is preparing motivated and curious adult learners with technical and business skills to launch successful careers in the Information Technology industry.
Prior to Per Scholas, Jasmine served as Chief Operating Officer at The Center for Working Families in Atlanta, GA, joining the team in January of 2012. In her role, she oversaw and was responsible for the overall strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas.
For the past 25 years Jasmine has dedicated her time and resources as a strategist, community champion and a change agent. Jasmine enjoys serving as an advisor, change agent, volunteer leader and most importantly a mentor. Jasmine is an effective communicator who has served as a workshop presenter for national organizations, youth groups, women empowerment organizations.
Jasmine is a member of American Express Leadership Academy class of 2018, Atlanta Leaders for Results class of 2013, Leadership DeKalb, Class of 2006. In addition to Jasmine’s work in the sector, she has served on Boards for several nonprofits including E’Ryn Foundation, Men Stopping Violence, GA Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and a 2018 nominee and finalist for Woman of the Year Non Profit Category, Women in Technology.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- Why a student chooses to go to Per Scholas. Why a business chooses to partner with them.
- The kinds of issues Per Scholas addresses and how it benefits students
- How Per Scholas is different from other skills training organizations in the space
- The kind of job opportunities a Per Scholas graduate can expect to find
- How COVID-19 has affected their skills training model.How they have adapted and the challenges they’ve had
- Steps the organization is taking to address the digital divide, and remedy the issue of communities not having access to tech
- How Per Scholas is specifically working with underserved communities in Atlanta, especially BIPOC and impoverished people
About Our Sponsor
OnPay’s payroll services and HR software give you more time to focus on what’s most important. Rated “Excellent” by PC Magazine, we make it easy to pay employees fast, we automate all payroll taxes, and we even keep all your HR and benefits organized and compliant.
Our award-winning customer service includes an accuracy guarantee, deep integrations with popular accounting software, and we’ll even enter all your employee information for you — whether you have five employees or 500. Take a closer look to see all the ways we can save you time and money in the back office.