Nia Darville was appointed to the position of Per Scholas’ Director of Diverse by Design in January 2021. In her role, she is responsible for providing vision and leadership, fiscal responsibility and sustainability, alliance cultivation, strategic thinking, and event management for Diverse by Design.
Prior to her promotion, Nia served in various capacities in Per Scholas’ training organization bringing innovation and efficiency to each role she held. Nia obtained her Bachelor of Science degree from Andrews University and is currently pursuing her Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Organizational Management at Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
Connect with Nia on LinkedIn.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- About Nia’s background and how she got involved with Per Scholas
- Diverse by Design
- Nia’s view on the Atlanta job market
- Where Atlanta ranks when it comes to tech job growth and diversity in the workplace
- Why DEI is such a hot topic within the private sector
- The biggest barriers people face when trying to get into the tech industry
- The gap in opportunities for tech roles in certain communities over others and how we can course correct
About Our Sponsor
OnPay’s payroll services and HR software give you more time to focus on what’s most important. Rated “Excellent” by PC Magazine, we make it easy to pay employees fast, we automate all payroll taxes, and we even keep all your HR and benefits organized and compliant.
Our award-winning customer service includes an accuracy guarantee, deep integrations with popular accounting software, and we’ll even enter all your employee information for you — whether you have five employees or 500. Take a closer look to see all the ways we can save you time and money in the back office.