Diane Wilush came to UCP of Georgia in 1994 and has led the organization through tremendous growth, from a small nonprofit serving the Atlanta area to an organization providing comprehensive services for more than 500 individuals and families statewide.
With more than 35 years of experience in developing community-based supports and advocating for the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Diane also sits on the board for SPADD and leads a team in the They Deserve More campaign.
Follow SPADD on Facebook.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
- What a Direct Support Professional (DSP) is and what issues they face in Georgia
- The impact of low wages and high turnover on the individuals they support
- How COVID-19 is impacting group homes, caregivers, and the individuals they support
- Why They Deserve More was created
- What Georgians can do to support these DSPS
About Our Sponsor
OnPay’s payroll services and HR software give you more time to focus on what’s most important. Rated “Excellent” by PC Magazine, we make it easy to pay employees fast, we automate all payroll taxes, and we even keep all your HR and benefits organized and compliant.
Our award-winning customer service includes an accuracy guarantee, deep integrations with popular accounting software, and we’ll even enter all your employee information for you — whether you have five employees or 500. Take a closer look to see all the ways we can save you time and money in the back office.