Obesity has gone global. Recent statistics have shown that approximately 1 Billion people are overweight on the planet and the two primary causes are increased consumption of a diet in processed foods with saturated fat and a decrease in exercise. Consider some of these statistics: 3 in 10 Americans are trying to lose weight at any one point in time; 35% of Americans are clinically obese; the top three disease killers in the US are related to obesity (heart disease, stroke and cancer) and American’s spend $40 billion on diet related products annually. Alarming.
Research has shown that diet alone will not keep weight lost off alone. Fitness factors in as well. Actually, 80% of dieters are trying to lose weight alone and studies show that 90-95% of dieters will gain the weight lost back within 1-5 years. Exercise is a key component of permanent weight loss, but not without consideration of diet as well. Exercise is also a key component and success factor for people who are successfully able to keep the weight loss off. The role of counseling has also been of great benefit for customizing a weight loss plan and the accountability factor in sticking to a new regime.
In addition to diet and exercise, new technologies and supplements are being introduced with some success into the weight loss arena such as: spa treatments, infrared saunas and the use of cold lasers to disrupt the fat cells, the products of which can then be excreted. Many are also using mobile technology for an accountability “buddy”, calculation and tracking of weight loss and fitness goals. No matter what individual plan entails, gradual, realistic lifestyle changes over time have been shown to produce long term results.
- Owner of BalanceDiet
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Professional Body Builder x20 years
- Certified professional trainer (AFAA Aerobics and Fitness Assoc of America)
- Body temple of God, commitment to never using unnatural aids, helps others by providing health, fitness, nutrition guidance to those wanting natural solutions
- Watch Video
- NSCA certified strength & conditioning coach
- NSCA certified personal trainer
- USA Weightlifting certified sports performance coach
- Former Athletic Coordinator-Clayton County Parks & Recreation
- NAYS certified Youth Sports Administrator
- NCAA Football National Championship Jacksonville State University
- Assistant strength & conditioning coach Jacksonville State University
- Graduate of Western Michigan University, BA in Business Administration
- Worked closely with family for 11 years then moved to Florida
- Established as Marketing director in a physicians office, introduced and certified as a laser tech and is what brought her to Atlanta
- 15 years experience in business, equipped with multitude of skills including management, marketing, health and medicine applications, business operations and exemplary customer service
- Set apart from other candidates by: Penchant for organization, eye for detail, positive and personable nature, ability to multitask and perform in a fast paced environment