We welcome Lisa Rosser and Jill Dunn of The Value Of a Veteran to From Boots 2 Biz Radio. The Value of a Veteran teaches organizations how to recruit and retain Military Veterans, members of the Guard and Reserves and Military Spouses.
Lisa Rosser is a 16-year human resources professional and a military veteran who spent 22 years in the active Army and the Army Reserve. In 2007 she combined these backgrounds and founded a woman-owned, veteran-owned small business called “The Value Of a Veteran”.
Through The Value Of a Veteran’s training and consulting services, Lisa has made it her mission to help companies understand what military veterans have to offer an organization, how to translate military skills into civilian positions and how to market to and source military talent.
Lisa is also a vocal advocate for small business and passionate about supporting and championing her fellow veterans who venture into entrepreneurship.
Jill Dunn and Lisa Rosser have been friends since childhood, Jill is married to a career Naval officer and works with The Value Of a Veteran by delivering on line workshops and meeting with transition assistance programs whenever possible.
Among the topics covered in the show today:
1. Background and evolution of The Value Of a Veteran as a company.
2. Lessons learned on the road to small business ownership.
3. Advice for military members considering entrepreneurship (in general)
4. Why franchisors should look to veterans as potential franchisees.
5. Why veterans should consider franchise ownership.