Improving Patient Outcomes
On this episode we featured three organizations who are working on improving patient outcomes in several ways. We hosted Dr. Kim Dennis, CEO/Director for Timberline Knolls and her colleague, Sara Bright, Gary Austin, CEO of One Care, and Marc O’Connor of Curant Health came by to talk about their solutions.
Timberline Knolls is a residential treatment center for young and adult women (ages 12 to 65+) with eating disorders, substance abuse, trauma, mood and co-occurring disorders. Dr. Dennis joined us by phone and the center’s Atlanta-based outreach representative, Sara Bright joined us in studio to talk about how they help improve the outcomes for the women they treat.
Located in suburban Chicago, residents receive excellent clinical care from a highly trained professional staff on a picturesque 43-acre wooded campus. Women and families seeking Christian treatment can opt for specialized Christian-based therapy. For more information on Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, call them at 877.257.9611. They are also on Facebook – Timberline Knolls, LinkedIn – Timberline Knolls and Twitter – @TimberlineToday.
One Care is a form of social platform that is designed to help families who are trying to support loved ones who are dealing with a variety of health issues, particularly when there are a number of activities the patient needs to accomplish to optimize their outcomes by adhering closely to the care plan prescribed for them. This may include nutritional recommendations, exercise regimens, medication schedules, etc. The platform employs philosophies learned through Aubrey Daniels’ management and behavioral training philosophies.
The application interfaces with a variety of wearable technology such as the Fitbit, glucometers, and others. In this way, family members have the ability to coach and reward their loved ones when they complete the recommended actions, as well as check in when it’s seen they have missed a med or other action.
One Care has partnered with technology company, Curant Health. Marc O’Connor is Chief Operating Officer for Curant Health. Curant Health treats patients nationwide through its medication management protocols, including medication reconciliation and establishment of personalized medication regimens, and supports its provider partners and care coordination with its award-winning EHR, MedPlan™.
Curant’s healthcare professionals provide individualized care proven to improve the lives and reduce the overall healthcare costs of chronically ill patients.curanthealth.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/CurantHealth LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/curant-health
Dr. Kim Dennis, MD, CEO and Medical Director of Timberline Knolls
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- American Society for Addiction Medicine
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Related Disorders
- MS, Human Resources Counseling, Northeastern University
- Integrative Health Coaching, Integrative Medicine, Duke University
- Board Member and Founding Member, Friends of Camp Celo
Gary Austin, CEO of OneCare
- Georgia State University, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Completed Advanced Performance Management Training Course, Aubrey Daniels International
- Co-founder and past CEO, Clearwave
Marc O’Connor, COO of Curant Health
- MBA, Georgia State University, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Member, Board of Directors, Atlanta Heart Ball, American Heart Association
- Editorial Board Member, Specialty Pharmacy Times