Jennifer Henderson, Henderson Search and Consulting (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Radio, Episode 25)
As a recruiter with a focus on the professional services sector, Jennifer Henderson, President of Henderson Search and Consulting, has a front row seat to changes in the labor market. She refers to what she’s seeing as more of a “Great Reshuffling” than a “Great Resignation,” as individuals are redefining how they want to work and be treated. Jennifer reflects on the impact on employers, how they must adapt to retain talent, the role of a recruiter in the process, and much more. Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Radio is produced virtually by the Minneapolis St. Paul studio of Business RadioX®.
Henderson Search and Consulting
Henderson Search works hand-in-hand with you and your team on a customized approach to your open position from start to finish.
They go beyond sending resumes – they consult with you on how best to evaluate and onboard candidates for long-term success. Their approach is a proven process founded on 3 simple principles:
- Assess carefully: thorough client intake and delivery of preliminary market research and findings.
- Vet rigorously: comprehensive candidate research, interview and assessment process.
- Recruit relentlessly: network, call, and interview until the best hire is made.
Jennifer Henderson, Founder and President, Henderson Search and Consulting
Jen is an attorney and founder of Henderson Search & Consulting.
She has been in recruiting and sales for 23 years. A serial entrepreneur, Jen specializes in helping small and midsize businesses grow through finding the best talent available in the marketplace. She serves a variety of industries in the B2B space with specialties in legal, consulting, and manufacturing. She places candidates in key roles across all functional areas including sales and marketing, legal, finance, and operations.
Jen finds her passion is working with business owners and leaders to help them make critical hires through a well-defined, proven process she has developed over 20 years.
Questions and Topics Discussed in this Episode
- What employment-related trends are you seeing right now, nearly 2 years into the pandemic?
- What can companies do to differentiate themselves and attract more candidates when hiring is competitive?
- What mistakes do hiring companies make during the candidate search and hiring process? In other words, how do they avoid a bad hire?
- What advice would you give to companies that are looking to engage a recruiter?
- How can companies retain their best employees?
- On the candidate side of the equation, why should happily-employed people get to know recruiters even when they’re not looking for a job?
- What do you think the future holds for employers over the next 1-2 years?
Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Radio is hosted by John Ray and produced virtually from the Minneapolis St. Paul studio of Business RadioX® . You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.