Rebecca Rausch, Neon Lizard Creative Marketing & Design (Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Radio, Episode 4)
Rebecca Rausch joined host John Ray to share how her grandma’s rolls help explain her approach to branding, why terms like “avatar” get in the way of understanding ideal customers, how Neon Lizard has assembled top talent from around the world, and much more. Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Radio is produced virtually by the Minneapolis St. Paul studio of Business RadioX®.
Neon Lizard Creative Marketing & Design
Neon Lizard Creative strengthens brands by creating unique visuals and messaging that causes people to not only notice their clients but listen and trust their clients.
The key to an exceptional brand isn’t only that it is visually stellar and authentic, it must also be a marriage of enthusiasm, devotion + unlimited possibility.
The HEART Principle is our proprietary method of preparing your brand and instituting elements and actions that compel a buyer to act, plus become a passionate advocate for your business. There is power in a shatter-proof client relationship; their job is to support clients in achieving that business nirvana across every platform.
Neon Lizard creates relevant content and friction-free experiences. They believe that if clients give their prospects the opportunity for meaningful engagement, they’re much more likely to return, and convert over and over again.
Comprehensive marketing so that the message is clear, concise, and aligns with client visuals. One-stop, get it all done.
Award-winning NLC helps corporations, businesses, retailers, and the service industry by acting as an “external employee”, on-call and ready to work when needed. NLC has excelled working with large corporations such as Capital One, Petsmart, ISES, Mead Johnson, and Eastman, as well as start-ups and existing businesses of all kinds who wish to promote their brand and identity.
Rebecca Rausch, Chief Lizard and Founder, Neon Lizard Creative Marketing & Design
Rebecca Rausch is the Chief Lizard and founder of Neon Lizard Creative Marketing & Design just south of Minneapolis. A designer since the age of 12, Rebecca has worked in many design service fields until she went out on her own as a freelancer in 1998 and started Neon Lizard Creative.
Now an agency of 9, collectively, the NLC international team of designers has over 100 years of experience and contains designers, color theorists, a variety of specialists, and more. They serve as a comprehensive design team helping businesses just like yours build a consistent brand that is not only memorable but causes people to fall in love with their client’s business. Naming, branding, marketing, social, catalog, tradeshow plus, NLC serves as your marketing hub.
Questions and Topics in this Interview
- How did you get into design?
- What made you so passionate about branding/marketing?
- Many business people see branding and marketing as the same thing, is it not?
- What you do is not cheap, why shouldn’t a start-up just use Fivver or some design farm like that?
- I heard you hate the terms persona, avatar etc. Why?
- Is it true your designers and team are from all over the world-how do you find them?
- How in the world can you manage people from all over?
- Why wouldn’t I want specialist vendors helping me for each different part of my marketing- why is having everything in one place better?
- Many companies believe it is important to keep their marketing in-house.
- Why is that not the best idea for their bottom line?
- Many CEOs don’t want to spend any money on marketing, and choose to do it themselves. How does that hurt them?
- Who is the client YOU can best serve?
- You developed something called the HEART Principle- what is that and why is it the wave of the future?
Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Radio is hosted by John Ray and produced virtually from the Minneapolis St. Paul studio of Business RadioX® . You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.