Sean Barker, cloudEQ (North Fulton Business Radio, Episode 354)
Sean Barker founded cloudEQ to provide cloud migration and related IT services to enterprise-level clients. He joined host John Ray to discuss the dynamics which drive large companies to the cloud, why cloudEQ’s work is not just technology based but also people focused, and much more. North Fulton Business Radio is broadcast from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta.
cloudEQ is a professional services company providing customized cloud-based solutions.
Our focus is on cloud execution tailored to meet your goals and work with you to evaluate your current cloud model to improve performance, increase security, deliver automation, reduce cost and optimize your cloud environment.
cloudEQ is a professional services company specializing in Several areas of “Cloud” based services.
- Optimization for performance and cost-efficiency
- DevOps – Automation for repetitive tasks and application deployment
- Application Development of services, corporate and mobile
- Security to ensure systems and data are safe and secure
- Transformation to take advantage of more efficient technologies
- Migrations to move your systems from your datacenters to the cloud
- Production Support for client applications as well as performance enhancements
- Operations Support to help manage client day-to-day services and systems
cloudEQ’s priorities are always keeping the focus on the customer and the business value generated, providing extensive expertise in creating robust, secure, high-performing DevOps design, implementation and support, using Agile methodology, always keeping clients in the loop, and complete project visibility and multiple open lines of communication from day one.
Sean C. Barker, CEO, cloudEQ
Sean C. Barker founded cloudEQ and serves as its Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Barker founded cloudEQ after a successful career as an entrepreneur and executive in Fortune 100 companies. He has over twenty-five years of experience in IT and IT leadership in infrastructure, operations application development, SaaS, PaaS, and program management.
Prior to founding cloudEQ he founded Omadas; a consulting firm with clients across the globe and served as the COO of Boardwalk Entertainment group where he holds a patent for a Mobile Replacement Dialogue Recording system. Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, he was the CTO and VP IT at Ingram Micro (NYSE:IM $40B revenue) and Director IT WellPoint health Networks/Anthem (NYSE: ANTM $100B revenue).
He holds a B.A. in Business and an M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing from American Intercontinental University.
Questions and Topics in this Interview:
- Tell us about cloudEQ? What do you do? Why is it relevant now?
- Why are you focused on the cloud and what makes the cloud relevant now?
- What are some examples of the work cloudEQ does?
- Has COVID affected cloudEQ or your clients?
- What makes cloudEQ different?
- What are you particularly proud of at cloudEQ?
North Fulton Business Radio is hosted by John Ray, and broadcast and produced from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta. You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.
Renasant Bank has humble roots, starting in 1904 as a $100,000 bank in a Lee County, Mississippi, bakery. Since then, Renasant has grown to become one of the Southeast’s strongest financial institutions with over $13 billion in assets and more than 190 banking, lending, wealth management and financial services offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. All of Renasant’s success stems from each of their banker’s commitment to investing in their communities as a way of better understanding the people they serve. At Renasant Bank, they understand you because they work and live alongside you every day.