Ashley Roberts General Manager
Jocelyn Evans, Host-Mistory
– Next Exit History is a product of Three21 Innovations that started at the University of West Florida and has since become a privately held company. We still have a relationship with UWF through special projects and the Innovation Institute.
– The App content covers the US and some sites in other countries. Content has been created by UWF affiliates through projects and our Partners, such at the Historic Pensacola Village, the Swan Valley Historical Society and the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.
– We see Next Exit History as a bridge for demographics as well as a way to provide for accessibility.
– Mistory is about true crimes (mainly unsolved historical murder mysteries) that occurred in our region. The first whole season is about crimes in Pensacola. Mistory is a collaborative effort involving faculty and students across multiple disciplines for every stage of the research and production process.
– The purpose of Mistory is not only to provide engaging listening entertainment for our audience but also to make public history come alive by rooting it in a site-specific familiar context.
– The first season covers Hank Killam who was implicated in the Kennedy assassination by conspiracy theorists, couples murdered in the 1920s and 1930s while “parking” in remote Pensacola spots, and the legendary Whitmire Ghoul.
– Mistory podcast is committed to pushing the boundaries of storytelling and technology. We experiment with different storytelling approaches on the show, with strategic circulation of archival documents on social media, and with beacon technology in the field to geolocate sites of interest. Each story is different, and we aim to make each one the best it can possibly be.
– Mistory is truly the result of a collaborative effort across wings of the UWF institutional family. It is supported through the College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities, the Innovation Institute, the Historic Trust, and Next Exit History. We appreciate the support of these partners and the enthusiastic support of our listeners.