Denise N Ables-PACE Center for Girls
Retired Diagnostic Sales Consultant since 2015.
Full time volunteer for 2 organizations:
PACE Center for Girls, Board of Directors, Media and Marketing Chair, Men Who Cook Co-Chair
Pensacola Women’s Alliance, Board of Directors, Chair
Mrs. Georgia Blackmon
|The Gathering Awareness & Book Center|
Mrs. Georgia Blackmon was born and raised in Pensacola, FL. She graduated from Booker T. Washing High School. She has been married to Johnny Blackmon for 56 years. They have two children, five grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Mrs. Blackmon is very active in the community. She was taught a long time ago, “If you take care of your community and children; the community and children will take of you.”
Mr. & Mrs. Blackmon are the owners of The Gathering Awareness and Book Center located in Pensacola, FL.
Stacey Robello-Home Instead Senior Care
In 2017, Stacy Robello, became one of the new owners at Home Instead Senior Care of Pensacola. She was a founding employee of the franchise in 1999 until late 2001. After receiving her BA in Elementary Education from the University of West Florida, she left to pursue her career as an educator in one of Florida’s top ranked systems; Santa Rosa County School District. But when the Home Instead office was granted their Home Health Agency license from the State of Florida in 2006, Stacy was inspired to return; this time as a Community Educator addressing issues specific to the aging population and as a promoter of the many home care services offered by Home Instead. She helps drive referrals and builds relationships within the provider network of home care. Some of Stacy’s affiliations are with the Baptist Women’s Board, Escarosa Senior Alliance, Santa Rosa Healthcare Advocates and the Healthcare Professionals Association of Northwest Florida, Impact 100 and Pensacola Symphony Orchestra Guild. Stacy is more enthusiastic than ever and she’s excited to continue the tradition of bringing exceptional home care and being a choice employer to the Pensacola community.
Kolleen Edwards Chesley
Kolleen Edwards Chesley has 25 years of experience in the financial services industry and spent the majority of her career as a financial advisor. In that role, Kolleen was responsible for finding her own clients and quickly learned the value of networking, networking, and even more networking. It was in 2004 and during her sales career that she, along with two other professional business women met for lunch with the purpose of helping to motivate each other after Hurricane Ivan had blown through our area and changed not only the physical landscape of the area, but also impacted the business landscape as well. Out of that lunch was born what is now a thriving not-for-profit organization for business women.
Kolleen currently serves full-time as the Founding Director of what was originally called Women’s Business Lunch and is now known as Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast. The organization advocates a culture of confidence building, lifelong learning, collaboration, empowering others and a spirit of charitable giving.
The mission of Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast is to promote, advance and improve women in business and the organization accomplishes these in a number of different ways.
- Monthly networking meetings in Pensacola and Gulf Breeze. These are open to all women and are free to attend. We run a structured meeting with open networking, an educational segment, a sponsor presentation, an opportunity to hear about the businesses of all attendees, and a whole lot of fun. We frequently hear from attendees that these meeting are chock full of value and a great way to build new relationships to help support their businesses. The Pensacola meetings include lunch paid for by our sponsors.
- Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast Magazine. We have produced 4 editions of this print magazine. Each edition features interviewees of local successful leaders in business who share their honest thoughts on leadership, success, obstacles, and inspiration as it relates to women in business. We also include other articles on leadership, networking, and other skill development. It is geared for anyone in business or looking for business motivation and tips. Our goal is for this to be a quarterly publication, however the magazine is currently on hold as we explore graphic designers. Our latest edition can still be found on our website.
- Annual Pursue Your Passion Women’s conference. To help celebrate National Business Women’s Week, we hold a full day conference during the third week of October along with several other events leading up to the conference. We feature a national keynote speaker, several local successful leaders in business, along with Speed Networking, an Experience Hall, structured and unstructured networking exercises and plenty of laughter, relationship building and excitement. Our attendees are not only motivated by the conference but they leave with tangible tips they can take back and implement in their businesses to lead them to success. For 2018, our conference will be held on Wednesday, October 17th and Thursday, October 18th, 2018 at Sanders Beach.
- Power Up Challenge is a 12 week educational series where we hold classes once a week for two hours. Classes focused around four main areas of business: Networking, Marketing, Business Efficiency, and Sales Skills. Open to men and women and all classmates receive the full audio recording of each class along with class notes, expanded notes, and extra resources. Remote classes also available. Classes are affordable and attendees are elated with the amount and quality of the information that is shared.
- Women in Leadership radio podcast show – sponsored by Pensacola Business Radio X. We hold monthly shows featuring local community leaders and other men and women in business. We engage our guests in conversational style in-depth interviews. They share their advice on topics such as mentoring, keys to success, time management tools, personal mantras and favorite inspirations, and what men can do to help support women in business.
- Membership in Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast is also available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit our website at www.powerfulwomengulfcoast.com or Facebook at “Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast” for all of our meeting information.