- Amie Remington is General Counsel for Landrum Human Resource Companies, Inc., which consists of Landrum Companies, Landrum Professional Employer Services, Landrum Consulting, and Landrum Staffing Services. Combined, these companies serve over 700 clients and 12,000 employees in over 45 states.
Amie graduated cum laude with a Bachelors of Arts from the Honors Program of Florida State University in 1991 and with honors from Florida State University College of Law in 1997.
As General Counsel, Amie advises the Landrum companies on all business and employment-related legal issues. She is also a regular speaker at national and state-wide events, discussing all aspects of employment law that affect all employers, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the state counterparts to these laws.
Before joining Landrum, Amie was in private practice and represented employers, management and the State of Florida in all types of employment-related matters. She focused on policy creation, prevention of discrimination and harassment and management education and training, as well as all aspects of employment litigation, including trial and appeal work.
Amie serves on the National Association of Professional Employer Organization’s Legal Advisory Committee and on the Florida Association of Professional Employer Organization’s Board of Directors. She has published articles in The PEO Insider magazine and in NAPEO’s Legal Updates and Legal Insights.
For more than fifteen years, Amie has served as the Chancellor of St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church and regularly provides pro bono legal services to churches, schools and childcare centers throughout the Dioceses of the Central Gulf Coast.
Amie is married to the funniest guy she knows, Scott. When they aren’t working, Scott and Amie can usually be found on a ball field or at a park with their three loud and rambunctious children, and their beloved Boykin Spaniel, Molly.
- Pensacola6723 Plantation RdPensacola , FL 32504(850) 476-5100(800) 888-0472
- Fort Walton73 Eglin Pkwy NE, #110Fort Walton Beach , FL 32548(850) 244-0026(800) 888-0472
- Panama City3009 FL- 77, Suite OPanama City , FL 32405(850) 266-6222(800) 888-0472
- Columbia10 Woodcross DrColumbia , SC 29212(803) 750-7041(800) 888-0472
- Asheville2 Walden Ridge Dr #15Asheville , NC 28803(828) 299-3038(800) 257-3801
Landrum provides full service human resource services and consulting to businesses and non-profit organizations throughout the United States. We offer a wide variety of HR resource tools to help your business run more efficiently. We offer payroll services, benefits management, unemployment and workers’ compensation management, assistance with employee relations issues, and training. Our priority to is to help you protect and grow your business, so our staff of dedicated HR experts keep you on top of all state and federal employment regulations. Let’s keep the conversation going! Follow us on Facebook (/landrumhr), Twitter (@LandrumHR) and YouTube (/LandrumCompanies).
Human Resources Management, Payroll Administraion, Benefits Administration, Workers Compensation Administration, Staffing Services, Employee Recruiting Services, Human Resources Outsourcing
|Kolleen Edwards Chesley has 25 years of experience in the financial services industry and spent the majority of her career as a financial advisor. In that role, Kolleen was responsible for finding her own clients and quickly learned the value of networking, networking, and even more networking. It was in 2004 and during her sales career that she, along with two other professional business women met for lunch with the purpose of helping to motivate each other after Hurricane Ivan had blown through our area and changed not only the physical landscape of the area, but also impacted the business landscape as well. Out of that lunch was born what is now a thriving not-for-profit organization for business women. |
Kolleen currently serves full-time as the Founding Director of what was originally called Women’s Business Lunch and is now known as Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast. The organization advocates a culture of confidence building, lifelong learning, collaboration, empowering others and a spirit of charitable giving. The mission of Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast is to promote, advance and improve women in business and the organization accomplishes these in a number of different ways.
– Monthly networking meetings in Pensacola and Gulf Breeze. These are open to all women and free to attend. We run a structured meeting with open networking, an educational segment, a sponsor presentation, an opportunity to hear about the businesses of all attendees, and a whole lot of fun. We frequently hear from attendees that these meeting are chock full of value and a great way to build new relationships to help support their businesses.
– Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast Magazine. We are in our third year of production of the magazine and our goal is for this to be a quarterly publication. Each edition features interviewees of local successful leaders in business who share their honest thoughts on leadership, success, obstacles, and inspiration as it relates to women in business. We also include other articles on leadership, networking, and other skill development. It is geared for anyone in business or looking for business motivation and tips.
– Annual Pursue Your Passion Women’s conference. To help celebrate National Business Women’s Week, we hold a full day conference during the third week of October along with several other events leading up to the conference. We feature a national keynote speaker, several local successful leaders in business, along with Speed Networking, an Experience Hall, structured and unstructured networking exercises and plenty of laughter, relationship building and excitement. Our attendees are not only motivated by the conference but they leave with tangible tips they can take back and implement in their businesses to lead them to success.
– Power Up Challenge is a 12 week educational series where we hold classes once a week for an hour and a half focused around four main areas of business: Networking, Marketing, Business Efficiency, and Sales Skills. Open to men and women and all classmates (whether they attend in person or not) receive the full audio recording of each class along with class notes, expanded notes, and extra resources. Classes are affordable and attendees are elated with the amount and quality of the information that is shared.
– Women in Leadership radio podcast show – sponsored by Pensacola Business Radio X. We hold shows twice a month and bring in mostly women but some men for in-depth interviews. Interviewees share their advice on topics such as mentoring, keys to success, time management tools, personal mantras and favorite inspirations, and what men can do to help support women in business.
Membership in Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast is also available. Contact email@example.com for more information or visit our website at powerfulwomengulfcoast.com or Facebook at Powerful Women of the Gulf Coast.