Manufacturing companies face challenges that are different than any other industry. A global skills gap and worker shortage, an inability to pivot to remote work and changing regulations create a unique storm for these organizations.
So, what are the solutions?
Stephen Schaaf, CPA joins Kim Hartsock, CPA and Paul Perry, FHFMA, CISM, CITP, CPA, CDPSE to discuss the successful tactics that manufacturing companies are currently implementing to rise to the occasion. Learn how your manufacturing company can become more efficient, more effective and more innovative in this episode of The Wrap.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Commentary about how manufacturing’s workforce challenges are a global issue
- Ideas for improving hiring and employee retention practices specific to the manufacturing industry
- Insight about interest expense limitations, research and development expenses and bonus depreciation
- A story about implementing data analysis and technology into the manufacturing process to lower the defect rate in products
Resources for additional information:
- Blog: What Will Research Expense Deduction Changes Mean for Your Business This Year?
- Blog: Four Ideas for Employee Retention in the Manufacturing Industry
- Blog: Six Strategies for Closing the Manufacturing Skills Gap and the Steps Employers Can Take Now
- Blog: Recruiting Manufacturing Employees [How to Create A Winning Recruiting Strategy that Leads to Hires]
- Event Invitations: Subscribe to receive invitations to future Manufacturing Roundtables.