Dawn Cook Causey, DayBreak Enterprises, LLC (North Fulton Business Radio, Episode 408)
Executive coach Dawn Cook Causey joined host John Ray to define emotional intelligence (EQ) and explain why sharpening your EQ is so vital to business sucess. Dawn also offered practices for developing self-awareness, how she coaches her executive and business leader clients, and much more. She also shared a new e-book, Every Day is an Interview, which debuts soon. North Fulton Business Radio is broadcast from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta.
DayBreak Enterprises, LLC
DayBreak’s mission is to help organizations drive profits by developing their people.
They believe that better emotional intelligence (EQ) leads to better leaders which lead to better business performance. Research shows that leaders and teams with high EQ perform at a higher level, contribute to increased corporate earnings, enjoy higher morale and experience lower turnover. They like proving that research is accurate.
Although DayBreak is based in Alpharetta, Georgia and many of our clients are in Atlanta, we provide executive coaching and leadership development world-wide. Raising the bar for leadership has no limits.
DayBreak offers a variety of tools and assessments to enable you and your team to improve your success.
Developing your team drives business results by increasing skill and motivation. Superstar performance comes from individual contributors leveraging each other’s strengths in addition to their own.
Training your team to increase leadership skills will be six times more effective when it is supported by a strong framework that includes laser-focused objectives, highly engaging content and management-supported follow-up.
Dawn assists clients, teams, and organizations in increasing self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management so they are EQuipped to bring about change in themselves and their organizations.
Dawn Cook Causey, Executive Coach, DayBreak Enterprises, LLC
Dawn Cook Causey is an Executive Coach working with leaders and teams to improve their leadership bench strength, increase the speed/reduce cost of doing business through better work relationships and deliver better results.
Her mission is to help organizations drive profits by developing their people. Better emotional intelligence (EQ) means better leaders which means better business performance. Research shows that leaders and teams with high EQ perform at a higher level, contribute to increased corporate earnings, enjoy higher morale and experience lower turnover. She likes proving that research time and time again. Those ‘touchy feely’ competencies are touching and feeling bottom lines everywhere.
Dawn helps leaders who are intellectually bright and technically strong, yet struggle to maximize their own or their team’s potential because they fail to maximize the power of emotions. Her ideal client is the one who is as passionate about developing themselves as she is about helping them do it. She has an excellent track record helping leaders who need to better balance their strong, results-oriented nature with leveraging relationships.
If you or your executives are in any of these positions, Dawn can help you:
– Executive who blew the doors off their competition and rose quickly to the top, but now having to manage and motivate others is a challenge,
– Chief Information Officer responsible for technical types with ‘black and white’ thinking who need their communication styles to be as scalable and efficient as their enterprise solutions,
– Chief Engineering Officer who recognizes that their engineers need to design a better system for relating to non-engineering folks, or
– VP of Human Resources looking for ways to impact the bottom line through higher employee engagement and morale, lower turnover and recruiting costs,
Questions and Topics Discussed in this Episode
- There are lots of coaches out there, we’ve interviewed several on this show. What is your niche or what makes you unique?
- How did you get into coaching? What’s your journey?
- Who do you coach? Describe your clients and the types of things you coach with them on.
- In your bio, you say your motto is, “It’s your choice. Make it count.” Tell me about that.
- And how does making a choice tie to emotional intelligence, since that is your specialty?
- Can you give us an example of how you’ve worked with a client to make better choices?
- You call yourself an Executive Coach. Do you ever do Life Coaching?
- How has the pandemic affected your coaching business?
- How can people connect with you if they want to start making better, more emotionally intelligent choices?
North Fulton Business Radio is hosted by John Ray, and broadcast and produced from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta. You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.
Renasant Bank has humble roots, starting in 1904 as a $100,000 bank in a Lee County, Mississippi, bakery. Since then, Renasant has grown to become one of the Southeast’s strongest financial institutions with over $13 billion in assets and more than 190 banking, lending, wealth management and financial services offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. All of Renasant’s success stems from each of their banker’s commitment to investing in their communities as a way of better understanding the people they serve. At Renasant Bank, they understand you because they work and live alongside you every day.
Special thanks to A&S Culinary Concepts for their support of this edition of North Fulton Business Radio. A&S Culinary Concepts, based in Johns Creek, is an award-winning culinary studio, celebrated for corporate catering, corporate team building, Big Green Egg Boot Camps, and private group events. They also provide oven-ready, cooked from scratch meals to go they call “Let Us Cook for You.” To see their menus and events, go to their website or call 678-336-9196.