Dennis Allen, Author of “The Disciple Dilemma”
On this episode of Business Leaders Radio with host John Ray, Dennis Allen, seasoned corporate turnaround specialist and author of The Disciple Dilemma, joined the show to talk about his career in corporate turnarounds, why listening and relationships are so vital in any turnaround, his book, and much more.
Dennis Allen, Author, The Disciple Dilemma
A six-time Chief Executive Officer specializing in “turnarounds” for Wall Street-backed corporations, Dennis works and speaks with businesses, universities, churches, and conferences focusing on leadership and discipleship.
Dennis serves today on boards and in business and charity leadership roles, as well as his work in churches of all sizes – megas, mids and startups – as an elder, deacon, and teacher.
A combat-rated Air Force F-15 fighter pilot, and an alumnus of the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics, Dennis lives with his bride Karen in the Washington DC area.
Questions and Topics
- You do corporate turnarounds – what’s that about?
- Is there a common element(s) in businesses that need to “turn”?
- Your book “The Disciple Dilemma” talks about symptoms, versus causes for leadership failures in organizations – and you relate that to an iceberg. Explain icebergs, symptoms and causes in that metaphor setup.
- You talk about management traps for leaders. Why is management a trap?
- What do you want leaders to do in light of these issues?
Business Leaders Radio is hosted by John Ray and produced virtually from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® in Alpharetta. The show can be found on all the major podcast apps and a full archive can be found here.