Evelyn Asher, Strategic Communication Coach (North Fulton Business Radio, Episode 263)
Evelyn Asher thrives on helping women in technology and others who want to improve their communications skills so that their value shines through. Evelyn joined host John Ray to discuss her insights on persuasive communication, the importance of understanding how others perceive you, and much more. “North Fulton Business Radio” is produced virtually by the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® in Alpharetta.
Evelyn Asher has a passion for every voice to be heard and respected. She is the founder of Wisdom Collective, a community designed to connect women through online writing experiences.
She opened her consulting practice in 2014 when she moved back to Gainesville, after serving as Certified Small Business Center Director for Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute on two campuses – Hudson and Boone, NC. She has served in the marketing departments of three Fortune 500 companies.
A life-long learner, Evelyn attributes much of her knowledge to research she has edited over the past twenty years in a solo-entrepreneurial venture, She has published a caregiver anthology and a collection of poetry entitled “A Gypsy’s Tapestry: A Woman Observed. A Woman Observing. Currently she is crafting her second collection of poetry highlight profiles of courage she witnesses in the immigrant population in her community.
This will be her 13th year mentoring elementary school children. She values each thread in her tapestry of global friendships. She explores painting techniques including those proffered by one of her granddaughters during their FaceTime, writing and poetry groups.
Point of Contact for Evelyn Asher
Questions/Topics Discussed in this Show
- The value of mentoring and communication in an uncertain climate
- Ensuring crystal clear, persuasive communication that denotes the why with all stakeholders
- Understanding how others perceive you
- The value of having an external confidant who understands your business and is a radical listener
- When employees are trying to keep things together at home and work which can be the same environment, they benefit from being heard.
- Creating space for wonder in each day – even in small increments – being accountable with a mentor will weave wonder into workplace.
- Customer service communication (I received communication from four different companies that were first grade, not first-rate.)
North Fulton Business Radio” is produced virtually from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® in Alpharetta. You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.
Renasant Bank has humble roots, starting in 1904 as a $100,000 bank in a Lee County, Mississippi, bakery. Since then, Renasant has grown to become one of the Southeast’s strongest financial institutions with over $13 billion in assets and more than 190 banking, lending, wealth management and financial services offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. All of Renasant’s success stems from each of their banker’s commitment to investing in their communities as a way of better understanding the people they serve. At Renasant Bank, they understand you because they work and live alongside you every day.