Julie Zweig, MD (North Fulton Business Radio, Episode 432)
Julie Zweig, MD joined host John Ray to discuss her specialties of sleep issues, hormone optimization, wellness, functional medicine, and allergies. Dr. Zweig left a large practice after twenty-one years to open her own practice so she could spend more time with her patients, enabling her to utilize all her areas of expertise and offer more integrated answers for her patients’ health issues. Dr. Zweig discussed the dangers of sleep apnea, how allergies and the gut are related, what functional medicine is, and much more. North Fulton Business Radio is broadcast from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta.
Julie Zweig, MD
Julie Zweig, a physician in Alpharetta, is Board Certified in both Ear Nose and Throat Surgery and Sleep Medicine. She also has advanced training in aesthetics, hormone optimization, and Functional Medicine. Dr. Zweig had been practicing with a large group for over 21 years but has recently started her own solo practice.
Dr. Zweig grew up right here in Atlanta Georgia. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, her Medical Degree from Emory University, and her Specialty training at the Eye and Ear Institute in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Dr. Zweig enjoys spending quality time with her husband David and has three children. When she is not with her patients, Dr. Zweig loves to hike with her two very energetic Standard Poodles. She also loves Horseback riding and traveling. Unfortunately, she just lost the last of her 15 chickens.
Dr. Zweig is one of only a few Integrative Sleep and ENT physicians in the entire country, and to her knowledge, the only one in the southeast.
Questions and Topics in this Interview:
- Why did you leave your big practice that you were with for 21 years?
- Tell us a little bit about your practice and what you offer?
- Tell us why you got interested in Sleep Medicine
- How does it work when a patient comes in to see you for snoring or a sleep problem?
- How do you treat Snoring and Sleep Problems?
- I understand you have expertise in hormone optimization. Why Hormones… what are they? How do they help with sleep?
- Can you explain what Functional Medicine is and how it related to Sleep and ENT?
- What happens during a Wellness appointment?
- There are quite a few Ear nose and throat and sleep physicians in the area as well as functional medicine doctors. Can you tell us how you are unique?
- How can people find out more about your practice, both the more traditional side as well as the Wellness side
North Fulton Business Radio is hosted by John Ray and broadcast and produced from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta. You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.
Renasant Bank has humble roots, starting in 1904 as a $100,000 bank in a Lee County, Mississippi, bakery. Since then, Renasant has grown to become one of the Southeast’s strongest financial institutions with over $13 billion in assets and more than 190 banking, lending, wealth management and financial services offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. All of Renasant’s success stems from each of their banker’s commitment to investing in their communities as a way of better understanding the people they serve. At Renasant Bank, they understand you because they work and live alongside you every day.
Special thanks to A&S Culinary Concepts for their support of this edition of North Fulton Business Radio. A&S Culinary Concepts, based in Johns Creek, is an award-winning culinary studio, celebrated for corporate catering, corporate team building, Big Green Egg Boot Camps, and private group events. They also provide oven-ready, cooked from scratch meals to go they call “Let Us Cook for You.” To see their menus and events, go to their website or call 678-336-9196.