This blog focuses on the economic future of Northwest Florida by providing insight into little known facts and innovative concepts to stimulate discussion and progress.
The demographics of the counties can be found at the Northwest Florida Forward website.
ROBERT R. BENNETT
A dynamic global executive with 50 years of experience in establishing a broad range of energy and environmental related projects in over 70 countries. His principal strength is in developing implementable plans to establish new projects and companies in early adopter technologies.
Mr. Bennett is adept at building consensus among diverse groups. Throughout his career he has worked with groups with extremely varied backgrounds and cultural values. He gains public acceptance by working well with government, regulators, the public, and special interest groups to define vision and expectations guided by his personal discipline and integrity. He is adept at achieving conflict resolution and unifying a diversity of goals, views, and objectives. By adapting to local interests and involving the affected community in the decision processes he is able to motivate people to act in a coordinated fashion.
Mr. Bennett has served on 15 Boards of Directors in seven countries. He has hands-on experience in localization, technology transfer, restructuring, project financing, and business practices as they relate developing energy and environmental projects. Mr. Bennett has received six U.S. patents, 13 U.S. provisional and has published four papers.
- Chairman of the Board, Executive Director, and Chief Executive Officer (2016 – Present), Zero Energy Foundation Incorporated, Pensacola, Florida.
- President (2003 to Present), Enviromation Incorporated, Pensacola, Florida.
- Chairman of the Board (2009 to 2016), United States Green Energy Corporation, Danville, Virginia.
- President (2003 to Present), Boathouse Investments Inc., Pensacola, Florida.
- Senior Vice President Operations (1997-2003), PCR Holdings Inc., Monroeville, Pennsylvania.
- Regional Director – Eastern and Central Europe (1994-1997), Westinghouse Energy Systems, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- President (1992-1994), Broadwell Corporation, Carlsbad, California
- Senior Vice President (1989 – 1992), Westinghouse Environmental and Geotechnical Services, Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Acquisition Team Leader (1989), Westinghouse Environmental Services Business Unit, Paris, France
- Managing Director (1988 – 1989), Westinghouse Electronics and Control Company, Shannon, Ireland
- Managing Director (1985 – 1988), Unimation (Europe) Limited, Telford, United Kingdom
- Marketing Manager, Nuclear Components Division (1981- 1985), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Pensacola, Florida.
- Project Manager, Consolidation Activities, Nuclear Components Divisions (1979 – 1981), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Tampa, Florida
- Resource Planning Manager, Tampa Division (1978 – 1979), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Tampa, Florida
- Projects Manager, Tampa Division (1978), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Tampa, Florida
- Product Engineering Manager, Tampa Division (1976 – 1978), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Tampa, Florida
- Advanced Development Manager, Tampa Division (1974 – 1976), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Tampa, Florida
- Senior Engineer, Tampa Division (1968 – 1974), Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Tampa, Florida
- Co-Op Student, Missile and Space Division (1965 – 1968), General Electric Company, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- BS., Northwestern University, Mechanical Engineering, 1968
- 1,200 hours of additional coursework in Environmental Law, Performance Management, Contracts, and Financial Management, 1969 –