In this edition of Global Leader Radio!™, we discuss a successful approach to leading volunteer organizations. Tino Mantella joined as Alvin C. Miles’ in-studio guest to discuss the focus of TAG, the art of leading large teams and the passion of life-long learning!
Here are seven takeaways from our discussion:
- Applying business principles to non-profits equals more impact on people’s lives.
- Step outside of your comfort zone – stretch for success!
- Leading large teams of volunteers is sometimes more art than science.
- Have a desire and passion to be the best.
- Install metrics and goals to ensure your people know where they stand.
- Fail fast, learn by your experiences and keep moving forward!
- Build your resume by donating a percentage of your time in service to others!
Listen as Tino provides great examples to illustrate these points. Then add his ideas to your leadership toolkit to help increase YOUR influence. Leadership IS a conversation!
Tino Mantella / President & CEO, Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
Tino Mantella joined TAG in September 2004, having amassed over 20 years of related experience leading two of the nations more prestigious volunteer-driven organizations – National Arthritis Foundation and YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago.
As President and CEO of these two multifaceted and complex charities, he spearheaded agendas that led to the development of innovative new services which resulted in the facilitation of significant membership growth. Mantella’s resume reflects impressive results in fund raising, advocacy, and economic development.
Since coming to TAG, Mantella has worked with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff to: build a prestigious board made up of 65 technology stakeholders, grown membership by more than 500% and added a series of programs and services that support TAG’s vision of educating, informing and uniting the technology community.
Mantella is a member of the boards of Venture Atlanta Coalition Inc., TAG Education Collaborative, the Tech College Foundation Board, the Chambers of Commerce in North Fulton and Georgia, and on the Advisory Board of the Atlanta Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
Contact Tino: (404) 817-3333, firstname.lastname@example.org
Which Book Has Most Impacted Your Leadership Ability?