Soumaya Khalifa, Khalifa Consulting (North Fulton Business Radio, Episode 435)
Soumaya Khalifa, President of Khalifa Consulting, revisited the show to chat with host John Ray about her work in workplace cross-cultural and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) issues. She discussed religion as an aspect of employees’ identities which must be acknowledged and respected, and well as why DEI work needs to go one step further and include belonging. Soumaya addressed the pandemic’s effect on the workplace, the consulting work she does with clients, success stories, and much more. North Fulton Business Radio is broadcast from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta.
Khalifa Consulting provides Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations, and governmental institutions with wide-ranging expertise and practical solutions to cross-cultural operations in the Arab world and the US.
Our team of top-level Diversity and Inclusion experts offers training and coaching services including Understanding the Diversity and Cultures of Arab Americans, Intercultural Communication, Managing a Cross-Cultural Team, Cultural Competency for Law Enforcement, and Keys to Success as a Woman Executive in the Arab World.
▪ For international business clients, we offer the specific cultural tools and information needed to successfully conduct business in the Arab World, including how to work within global/virtual teams, and crafting culturally appropriate videos and other media messages.
▪ For domestic and international business clients, we offer training workshops and individualized coaching to support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
▪ For US-based clients, we offer guidance and technical assistance on how to provide reasonable accommodations for their Muslim employees, by auditing current practices, making recommendations, and suggesting inclusive ways to support a positive work environment.
▪ For clients planning relocations to or from the Arab World, we offer general and specific direction for personal and family adjustment, practical shortcuts for managing new systems, and how-tos for everyday life.
▪ For our executive coaching clients, we offer personalized, ongoing, one-on-one high-level coaching to increase motivation, improve business skills and create work-life balance leading to thriving businesses and families.
Soumaya Khalifa, President, Khalifa Consulting
Soumaya Khalifa is the president of Khalifa Consulting, an Atlanta-based consulting firm specializing in intercultural coaching, consulting, and training. She is also an executive coach and teaches at Emory University Continuing education courses on Human Resources Management, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Women in Leadership. Soumaya is passionate about her work to build bridges of understanding and help leaders and organizations positively impact their employees and their bottom line.
Questions and Topics in this Interview:
- Tell us about Khalifa Consulting
- What is the role of religion in DEI?
- How do you define belonging?
- What does it look like to include religion in the workplace?
- How has the pandemic impacted DEI?
- What is your advice for small businesses?
- How should a leader approach Ramadan with their Muslim employees?
- Accountability in DEI initiatives
- How do I measure inclusion or belonging?
- Say more about your work with clients
North Fulton Business Radio is hosted by John Ray and broadcast and produced from the North Fulton studio of Business RadioX® inside Renasant Bank in Alpharetta. You can find the full archive of shows by following this link. The show is available on all the major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, Amazon, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, TuneIn, and others.
Renasant Bank has humble roots, starting in 1904 as a $100,000 bank in a Lee County, Mississippi, bakery. Since then, Renasant has grown to become one of the Southeast’s strongest financial institutions with over $13 billion in assets and more than 190 banking, lending, wealth management and financial services offices in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. All of Renasant’s success stems from each of their banker’s commitment to investing in their communities as a way of better understanding the people they serve. At Renasant Bank, they understand you because they work and live alongside you every day.
Special thanks to A&S Culinary Concepts for their support of this edition of North Fulton Business Radio. A&S Culinary Concepts, based in Johns Creek, is an award-winning culinary studio, celebrated for corporate catering, corporate team building, Big Green Egg Boot Camps, and private group events. They also provide oven-ready, cooked from scratch meals to go they call “Let Us Cook for You.” To see their menus and events, go to their website or call 678-336-9196.